friend request

                                                  
episode 10




Akash called me again after reading the message and we just laughed on the phone
without speaking a word. I just told him casually to check if he had called or messaged
someone to avoid leading to an embarrassing situation. Perhaps, I have this habit of
texting and irritating people after gulping down a couple of drinks. Drinking was indeed
an emotional gateway for men. Akash disconnected the phone and rechecked all the
messages. Suddenly, he jumped out of his bed in panic. Impossible! How could I? I
mean how? I mean when? Holy shit I am screwed, Akash wanted to scream aloud.
He saw that he had sent a BBM message to Aleesha before dozing off. He began
cursing himself for the blunder. It had hardly been a few minutes since they met and he
had already messaged her saying that she was the princess of his life. It could make her
think that either Akash was a big flirt or that the guy had lost his mind after gulping down
a few pegs of alcohol. Akash stood speechless and numb, not knowing how to react, and
all he could think of was ways to disappear like the Genie of Aladdin. He read the
message that he had sent.
At the risk of sounding like a flirt, I want to tell you that I could not erase you from
my mind. You came into my life when I was least expecting it. It was as if I had hit a
jackpot. When I saw you, I don’t know what clicked, but from that moment, I could not
get you out of my head. I always knew that love would find me someday, but never did I
know it would come like this. Your touch healed this broken heart and you caught me off
guard and took me by surprise. I was initially reluctant to send u a BBM at this hour. Is it
too late? Should I send you a request on Facebook? Your profile pic again urged me to
send you a BBM. And no, I am not being desperate here. Everything seems so right, so
perfect. Oh god. I will go crazy. Aleesha, please don’t take me the wrong way. Do reply.
I am not so drunk.
Tere golden face ki beauty ne,
Mere komal heart pe attack kiya.
Sabko reject kiya aur tumko select kiya.
Request hai tumse ise refuse na karna,
Dosti ke is bulb ko kabhi fuse na karna!
On BBM, there is a way of knowing if the other person has read your message or not.
Right next to the delivery tick mark appears ‘D’ for ‘delivered’ and ‘R’ for when the
recipient ‘reads’ the message. She had not read the message yet. The R symbol didn’t
show above the tick mark. He thought that she was still sleeping. At the same time, he
wondered what she would think after reading the message. He badly wanted to somehow
get Aleesha’s cell phone and delete the message he had sent or press the undo button on
his phone. But all he could do was bite his nails in anticipation of what was going to
happen if she were to read it. He kept his cell aside and wanted to run away from the
situation. However, after every five minutes, he checked his cell phone hoping that

No comments: