friend request

                              episode 30






Aleesha copied the same status with a dance smiley.
My cell phone beeped. It was Akash again.
I really cannot understand girls. Some time back she was on the verge of killing me
and now she is in love with me all over again. Girls I tell you!
As I saw the sender’s name, I replied without even reading the full message:
Arre, go to sleep yaar. Let me sleep too.
Saturday finally arrived. Akash and I were excited and nervous at the same time.
Breaking the rules of a girls’ hostel and sneaking in could be nasty if we were caught.
‘If you get caught then you at least have a valid reason. You can tell them that you’re
Aleesha’s boyfriend. What can I say? That I’m a tharki who just came for sightseeing?
Like tours and travels take you to Mumbai Darshan, Akash took me to Girls Darshan?’ I
yelled.
‘Keep your mouth shut, Aadi. You’re speaking shit. Don’t worry, nothing’s going to
happen,’ Akash assured me.
This was the first time I was doing such a bold thing. I had not even during my
college days. And now because of tried anything like this Akash, even I had been
dragged into it. I was nervous as hell.
‘I wish I had listened to my mom,’ I said nervously.
‘What did she say?’ Akash asked while dialling Aleesha’s number on his cell.
‘When I have not even called her up, how can I possibly tell you?’ I criticized.
We were standing in a dark passage near the girl’s hostel which was hidden from
public view. Aleesha told him over the phone that the warden was not around, so it was
the perfect chance for us to slip into the hostel. Akash didn’t think much about the
consequences because getting into a girls’ hostel was quite thrilling. It was no different
for me but my nervousness overshadowed the thrill.
We were almost ready to walk towards the main gate when Aleesha messaged Akash.
Akash, just wait for some time. I just checked the building and saw that the workers
in the dining hall are still there. But the warden won’t return so soon. So let the workers
move out and you guys can slip in after they leave.
‘Crazy, what if we would have…?’ I panicked.
‘Chill.’ Akash took out a pack of cigarettes, handed one to me, and said, ‘Smoke one.
You will feel better. Don’t eat my head now.’
I lit a cigarette and slowly inhaled a puff. No one was around. We were at the corner
of the road, some away 200 metres from the main gate.
‘Akash, I am going to lead the way. You follow me. It’s not because I have suddenly
got some energy after smoking but because I don’t trust you on this anymore,’ I
whispered.
As we got the confirmation from Aleesha, we quickly changed into dark T-shirts to
avoid unnecessary attention. We walked ahead and waited near the tree which was not
far from the main gate. An evil smile emerged on Akash’s. My nervousness had taken a
back seat face and the momentary situation had increased my excitement. We climbed the
wall which acted as a barrier between us and the girls’ dormitory.
‘It’s time to explore the “no male territory”,’ Akash whispered in my ear.
I gave Akash a wicked smile and got inside as quietly as possible. Our eyes scanned
all the passageways and we stealthily headed towards Aleesha’s room. The door was
kept slightly open and the lights were switched off. We heard some noise from the left
corridor and we both stared at each other without moving our feet. We stood standstill,
scared. I signalled for him to run and get inside the room as quickly he could since we
were hardly a few metres away from the source of the noise. Akash pushed the door
open and I followed him inside. When we got inside, Akash closed the door behind us.
Aleesha quickly latched the door and switched on the lights. Akash and Aleesha hugged
each other tightly in excitement. They had executed the plan successfully.
‘So we finally made it,’ Kritika cheered.
Aleesha introduced us to Kritika. We greeted each other formally and then sat
comfortably on the bed after keeping our bags in one corner.
‘I hope no one saw us coming,’ I said, still a bit shaken up from the experience.
‘I don’t think so. Else, there would have been total chaos outside. The administration
is a bit strict here. However, we are not the only ones who break rules. There are lots of
seniors who don’t follow any timings,’ Aleesha said giving us a glass of water.
We hardly cared now as we were already inside. After a little chitchat with Aleesha
and Kritika, I opened my bag which had all the fun stuff. Kritika’s face was so delighted
when I opened my Sheesha kit that she almost jumped from her bed.
‘Double apple,’ both the girls shouted at the same time.
I took out two pipes from the bag. Aleesha immediately took one while I asked Akash
to clear the other pipe by blowing air into it. I had planned to smoke hookah while we
all chatted and got to know each other. Hookah smoking promotes a social atmosphere
and people can sip the hookah while getting to know each other.
‘Kritika, I heard you fooled Akash by sending messages through Aleesha’s cell
phone, pretending to be her? I wish I could see his reaction.’ I said giving Akash a
naughty look.
Everyone started laughing, including Aleesha. She pulled his cheeks with love and
then gave him a slight peck on his lips.
‘Ahem Ahem! Someone really cares,’ Kritika teased him and I joined her in teasing
them.
Akash and Aleesha sat in one corner of the room to get some privacy while Kritika
and I were still feasting on the hookah. It was almost early morning and we didn’t even
realize how time passed by. Kritika and I had a long chat while puffing the hookah. I
remembered that I had something special in my bag.
‘I present to you a special dish prepared by the man himself. Mr Akash,’ I said in a
rhythmic tone.
Aleesha and Kritika were stunned after hearing this. I started laughing and told them
that Akash was a really good cook. Akash in the meanwhile kept mum, smiling all the
while. He indeed was a good cook which made him a hot favourite among the girls.
‘Wow. Aleesha, you are super lucky. I wish I could get someone like him who would
cook for me whenever I am tired or don’t feel like cooking. That’s so cute of him,’
Kritika said patting Akash’s back.
‘Aditya, have you ever done anything like this ever before?’ Aleesha asked me.
‘Errr… I don’t know how to cook at all. The only food items I can cook are Maggi
and omelette. I can even make tea,’ I said biting my tongue between my teeth.
‘Then you are not my type. Leave. I will have to search for a better option,’ said
Kritika joining in the conversation.
‘Go ahead. Who is stopping you?’ I said teasingly in my don’t-care-a-damn attitude.
Aleesha fell head over heels in love with Akash as he had whipped up a wonderful
dish for her. He had made pasta for everyone. The way he cared for Aleesha and
expressed his love was something very unique. He knew Aleesha liked pasta and thus he
had spent the entire evening making her favourite dish.
‘I made it just for you, my Minnie. I love you and I am yours forever,’ said Akash.
‘I think even I should learn how to cook to impress girls,’ I winked.
‘Aditya, you don’t have to be a great chef to make great food. The effort you put in to
make something as simple as Maggi in the kitchen is what really matters. Moreover,
even if it turns out to be average in taste, the fact that you tried is what is admirable,’
Aleesha explained.
‘I would personally prefer a boyfriend who cooks a decent meal for me rather than
one who spends a lot of money to take me out. I think it’s very cute when a boy takes out
time and has that much patience to cook a meal for his girlfriend. I find it really sweet!’
Kritika added.
Akash’s efforts made Aleesha go crazy for him and she couldn’t resist kissing him.
She almost had the urge to push him against the wall and kiss him passionately.
‘If you guys are done eating, can we get to taste the pasta as well?’ I interrupted them.
Aleesha blushed and covered her face with her hands.
Aleesha and Akash were two such souls whose union defined true love. Akash was
feeding Aleesha the pasta with his own hands.
After eating, we decided to move out of the hostel before anyone got up. We packed
our bags and waited for Aleesha’s next instruction. She took a bottle of water and after
switching off the lights, opened the door slightly. She told us to wait inside without

No comments: