friend request

                               episode 27




                                         Exploring the ‘No-Male’ Territory




‘You are out of your mind!’ I uttered.
‘I am serious dude. Aleesha and her friend Kritika have planned it all out. We just
need to act like it’s a scripted show. So chill,’ Akash said trying to convince me. To
some extent, he was succeeding too.
I was still lost in thought and didn’t understand the gravity of the situation until Akash
repeated those words. ‘Girls’ Hostel’. I woke up from my dream as if someone had
given me an electric shock.
‘Crazy? You will be fucked and you will screw her life too if we get caught. Have
you lost it?’ I shouted getting up from my seat.
‘It will be full on dhamaal. There will be just girls and more girls. The whole
attention will be on us,’ Akash rejoiced. Then looking at my expressionless face, he
continued, ‘Aadi, calm down. We will take extra care so that no one can catch us and the
girls will anyway be there to guide us. So relax.’
The debate continued for almost an hour and finally I gave up. I agreed to tag along
even after knowing the risks involved. One of the deciding factors was that I felt Aleesha
was smart enough to handle such things. She had done it brilliantly during the party. The
only thing I wished was that Akash would not mess it up like last time.
Akash messaged Aleesha who was busy with studies and preparations for the
approaching presentation.
Aditya has agreed. You look in to the rest of the things carefully. Let’s have fun this
Saturday. I won’t disturb you much until then. All the best for your presentation
tomorrow. Love you.
Aleesha read the message twice and replied with a kiss smiley. She was tensed about
the presentation because even Kritika hadn’t prepared for it yet.
‘We hardly have any time left. Let’s prepare some basic slides and Google the rest of
the content. We need to be spontaneous tomorrow,’ Aleesha said looking worried while
Kritika started jotting down the points.
‘I think we will do well. We hardly need to speak for ten minutes. Quite manageable,’
Kritika assured her opening her book to look for further information on the topic.
‘Darling, we have not been told to talk about our boyfriends or crushes that we can
go on speaking for hours,’ Aleesha joked. ‘Even then I wonder if I would be able to
speak for more than fifteen minutes.’
‘Why not? You just need to talk about Akash and your relationship. If it’s worth
listening to, then I will record it too so that I can make him listen to it. He will go crazy
hearing you talk about him,’ Kritika laughed.
Realizing they had very little time left before the exam, they became serious and in
the next couple of hours, their entire presentation was ready. Both of them had not only
prepared the slides but also studied a bit for the coming examination. It was around 1 am
and both of them were feeling really hungry. Kritika had chips and dry fruits with her.
They were busy gorging on chips when Aleesha’s mobile beeped. It was Akash. Kritika
couldn’t stop herself from asking out of curiosity,
‘What important thing does he have to tell you just before going to sleep?’
Aleesha couldn’t stop smiling. The message read: I want to tell you that your dressing
style needs a makeover. I know exactly what will look good on you… and that’s me. Try
it!
She read the message aloud for Kritika and they both started giggling. They decided
to play a prank on him. Kritika took her cell phone and said, ‘That’s called phone swap.
Your poor boyfriend. Now let me continue the chat. I hope you don’t mind,’ she winked
and sent Akash a message.
Your size will be too small for me. My friend says I need one size bigger. What do
you think?
Both of them were enjoying this act and waited anxiously for Akash’s reply. Within a
few seconds, a message popped up on the screen.
You don’t need one, Minnie. I am there to cover you.
Kritika was in no mood to stop. She sent another one:
I prefer to be without cover, my Mickey. But I am not your Minnie. :P
Akash must have been in a state of shock after the message as he called up Aleesha a
couple of times after that.
What do you mean? he replied.
I mean, I am not Aleesha. I am Kritika. :D :D
They waited for some more time for him to reply after the secret was out, but Akash
didn’t. Aleesha called him up a couple of times as well but he didn’t pick up his phone.
Kritika couldn’t stop laughing. She was busy browsing through a magazine.
‘What are you reading?’ Aleesha asked.
‘Dumb ass, it’s Cosmopolitan magazine. Only for girls,’ Kritika answered closing
her laptop.
‘Oh is it? I have heard about it but have never read it. Show it to me too.’ Aleesha
couldn’t hide her excitement.
‘Wait, I will read it out for you,’ Kritika said, picking out an article. ‘There is a
column in this edition titled, “30 Things To Do With a Naked Man.” Another one says…’

No comments: