EFCC boss threatened to deal with me - Senator Nwaoboshi

The senator representing Delta North in the National
Assembly, Barrister Peter Nwaoboshi, has raised an
alarm
- Nwaoboshi is currently being prosecuted by the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
- The senator however says what he is being
persecuted for is pure business transaction
The senator representing Delta North in the
National Assembly, Barrister Peter Nwaoboshi,
has said what he is being persecuted for by the
EFCC is pure business transaction.
Nwaoboshi who made the claim while addressing
selected journalists in Asaba on Monday, June
11, said he would never be muzzled, cowed or
intimidated by anybody to keep quiet and betray
the leadership of the National Assembly since he
did not launder money except that EFCC boss,
Ibrahim Magu once threatened him.

He disclosed that his persecution by Magu’s EFCC
is because of his position and stand at the
National Assembly meant to curtail dictatorship
in Nigeria, allow rule of law to prevail, sustain
our democracy, allow dissenting voices and
encourage investors
Nwaoboshi who is the chairman of the Senate
committee on Niger Delta affairs, maintained
that the issue that led to his being arrested,
detained and arraigned in the court by EFCC, has
nothing to do with fraud and corruption,
His words: “If anybody thinks he can muzzle me or cow
me, he is wasting his time because I can never be cowed, I
can never be intimidated and I believe that justice will be
done; I believe in God and I will be vindicated at the end.
“I want you to be upright in your report. I never laundered
money; I am a pure business man. My company is paying
the loan, servicing it. When we finish the matter, Nigerians
will know whether money borrowed from bank and
guaranteed is a laundered one.”

Meanwhile, Senate president, Bukola Saraki, has
thanked Nigerians all over the country for their
support and encouragement towards the work of
the 8th Senate, since it was inaugurated three
years ago.
In a statement issued from Saudi Arabia where
he is on lesser hajj, Saraki acknowledged that the
achievements of the Senate would not have been
possible without the backing of Nigerians, who
have played a more active role in the activities of
the legislature since June 9, 2015.

No comments: