2019: There’s plot to ‘knockout’ Buhari - Senator Marafa

Senator Kabir Marafa has alleged that there are plans
to technically 'knock out' President Buhari ahead of
2019 general elections
- President had on Monday, April 9, declared intention
to seek re-election in 2019
- Marafa also noted that there are some people within
the party's NWC who wanted to scuttle the recently
conducted congress in Zamfara state
Senator Kabiru Marafa representing Zamfara
central senatorial district at the upper legislative
chamber raised the alarm that plots are on to
technically knockout President Muhammadu
Buhari in the 2019 election.
Daily Trust reports that Marafa who is the
chairman of the Senate committee on petroleum
said in an interview that he was tear-gassed
during a parallel congress conducted by his camp
in Zamfara on Saturday, May 12.
adegokblog .com gathered that the senator said that the
state government mobilised heavily to prevent
an innocent citizen from carrying out his civic
responsibility
He said: "There was an incident in my local government.
The police I believe under the instruction of the state
government mobilised heavily to prevent an innocent citizen
from carrying out his civic responsibility, and that was me.
"Saturday, 12th of May was the date fixed by the APC for
local government congresses, and as a party man and a
politician, I drove to my local government headquarters
where the event was supposed to take place.
"On reaching there, I met massive security buildup
comprising mobile policemen and officials of the Nigeria
Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
"I was informed that the area commander was there, so I
tried to see him but I couldn't. There was an APC vehicle
stationed there, this time not APC political party but
Armored Personnel Carrier. Before I knew it, one of my
mobile policemen was manhandled. So I moved forward to
ask what the problem was and they threw teargas right in
front of me.
"In a nutshell, the mobile policeman was manhandled,
harassed and disarmed. My orderly was equally disarmed.
So I tried to ask what was the problem, they were just busy
throwing tear gas. But I thank God that they did not deter
me.
"The whole thing was just to stop me from organising or
conducting my own local government congress. But the
beauty of it is that the world has seen that the state
government lacks confidence of the people that is why there
was that massive police or security buildup. If you are
popular in politics, you don’t need any security agent to
help you organize your own affair.
He added that: "The state government has lost
popularity and touch with the people so it is afraid of
elections. What I simply asked was that let these congresses
be conducted following our guidelines. That is what I asked
for. What do the guidelines say?
"They show how the ward congresses should hold; how the
local government should go, and this is how that of the
state should go. So why the massive buildup of security? If
you had done the right thing, people will see it, people will
be the judges too. I think the whole essence was aimed at
either embarrassing me or intimidating me, but that is not
possible because they cannot stop me from defending my
right.
"Like in Zamfara now, we had parallel congresses - we now
have two sets of executives, one by the state government
and another by me. I have followed due process from
beginning up till where we are now. But the state
government didn’t because they have security apparatus at
their disposal.
"As far as I am concerned, there are some people within the
NWC that are desirous of scuttling the processes thereby
endangering the electoral success of the APC. They may rule
against me on the case I made to the appeal committee for
instance, but one thing I'm sure of is that the court will rule
in my favour.

Meanwhile,adegokblog .com had previously reported
that following the killings of Innocent citizens in
Zamfara state, a chieftain of the APC, Comrade
Timi Frank, on Wednesday, February 14, urged
that such an issue should not be swept under the
carpet.

No comments: